First Things First
My name is Samantha and I’m the owner of Sami Roy Photography, a photography studio specializing in weddings, portraiture and event photography. I am passionate about what I do and thankful that I have the opportunity to do what I love. Originally from Massachusetts, I moved to the Hampton Roads, Virginia area in 2013 with my hubby and have loved it here ever since. I even wrote a blog post about why being a Virginia Beach Photographer is awesome.
Fun Facts About Yours Truly
- I am a self-proclaimed scarf addict. (see photo above) I own more scarves than anything else. My husband always jokes that I should have my own closet just for my neck embellishments. My favorite scarf is my vintage camera print scarf https://teeshirtdrawer.com/products/camera-infinity-scarf
- I studied graphic design/photography at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and proudly crossed the stage (trying not to trip over my own clumsy feet, of course!) with my Bachelors of Fine Arts in 2007!
- My favorite musician is Dave Grohl. Dubbed the “nicest guy in rock”, I believe he is by far one of the most talented guys to walk this planet. The first album I ever purchased was Nevermind, Nirvana and I’ve never looked back. I’m a Foo Fan through and through. If you’ve never seen the documentary Foo Fighters: Back and Forth, I highly suggest you give it a look-see. What is your favorite song? I even invited him to our wedding…. he was a no show tho!
- I don’t have a ton of time to sit in front of the TV, but when I do, my go to show is FRIENDS. My goodness, I could watch friends all day and night. I know pretty much every episode by heart and you can be sure I can relate any situation to something that’s happened in a friends episode. I’ll be waiting quietly over here for the reunion season/episode. Another great show: Parenthood. All I’ll say is… if you watch it, grab a box of tissues. Or four. Because you WILL almost certainly cry during every single episode (I know I did).
- My husband and I have two black labs, Lexi and Jackson. They are the most high maintenance, high energy, crazy dogs I have ever met, but they are my fur babies and I love them. They fit right in with our little family and I’ve always been a dog lover at heart!
- And last but not least, I am the luckiest wife to my amazing husband Jon and a proud mommy to our perfect and adorable 16 month old son, Grant. The men in my life really fuel my passion for photography and push me to be a better person every day. I mean, just look at his little smile – how could you resist!?
Looking forward to the next #FridayIntroductions, where you can learn more about me as a mom, wife, photographer, and all around fun-loving person!
Until next time,